The original EDIROL R-09 field recorder won several awards and now the new R-09HR is following in its footsteps, scooping a prestigious Best In Show award at this year’s Summer NAMM…
This year’s Summer NAMM show in Nashville turned out to be yet another glittering occasion for EDIROL, as the company’s new R-09HR recorder scooped one of the top six Best In Show awards. The annual awards are chosen by six industry experts who rate products based on several factors including innovation, design and ‘must stock’ appeal.
In total 30 products received prizes under various categories but only six made it through to Best In Show, with the R-09HR winning through because of its sound quality, features and computer connectivity.
“Nashville provided the background for a rocking Summer NAMM show that was packed with new products,” says panel moderator Frank Alkyer, publisher of DownBeat, Music Inc. and UpBeat Daily magazines. “Our panel had a slew of gear and services from which to choose, and they brought back some winners.”
More on the R-09HR
The EDIROL R-09HR field recorder is the complete recording package and the follow up to the company’s hugely successful R-09 (which has sold well over 100,000 units, and which has also won several awards including the MIA Innovation award). It features a new and improved performance that offers recording up to 24-bit/96kHz, a lower noise
floor, plus an improved battery life. It also features brand new and better quality microphones plus a large Organic Light Emitting Diode display with a wider viewing angle than that on the R-09.
Usefully the unit also has a small speaker fitted to the back to enable personal monitoring of what you have recorded so headphones are no longer required for monitoring purposes. The design of the R-09HR has also been improved with a rubber-coated body for extra grip, improved battery housing, wireless control and a separate desktop stand.
The R-09HR is available now and retails for £247.95 at Dolphin Music.
Key Features of the R-09HR
- Superior sound quality – up to 24-bit/96kHz with lower noise
- New, high quality microphones
- Ultra wide view-ability on large OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display
- Preview monitor (small speaker) on the rear panel
- Wireless Remote Controller included
- Cakewalk Pyro Audio Creator LE software included – the ideal software for WAV/MP3 editing
- Improved design with firm battery housing and rubber-coated body for better grip
- Small desktop stand included
- Wide variety of optional accessories provided at launch (see below)
- All R-09 Ver.1.30 features and functions available
- 8GB card compatibility and manual file split