Online Recording Program – Need A Session player quick??December 10, 2008
It is now possible to record online, in real time and with other musicians!
Bizzare to think but very possible now with ‘digitalmusician.net’
So if you need a part for a song for example, using the community within the site you are able to meet and hook up with the player you need then you are able to exchange the relevant files and literally record a take online through your already existing Sequencer software (Cubase etc).
The digital musician link (DML) plug-in is a VST 2.0 plug-in. You can start the DML in your music software (assuming it is compatible) and then connect to musicians and producers from all over the world. Using a standard broadband Internet connection (ADSL) you can record audio in CD quality and MIDI online in sync with your playback.
What is digitalmusician.net?
digitalmusician.net is the place where the international music business community (musicians and producers) meets and works on joint projects.
DM-Recorder software is a free online multi-track recorder which is available to all DMN members. Besides the “normal” recording functions the programme allows you to mainly record projects on and offline with other musicians using a normal Internet connection. Use the DM-Recorder as a multi-track machine with other musicians that have a basic broadband connection.
The advantages of the DM-Recorder are:
* Offline collaboration with partners. Data is saved on a server and updated by other project members each time a project is reopened.
* Performances can be bought or sold directly via the DM-Recorder.
* Direct connection to partners and real-time recording via the Internet as if you were in the same studio (online collaboration) It offers you, for example, the possibility to find and sell music jobs via the Internet. This way you can further your career without even leaving your studio.
* Make professional contacts worldwide
* Find music jobs and make money
* Record songs together with other members without travel or hotel costs
* Choose music projects that you would like to work on
* Find suitable partners for your projects (using the „”Studio & Artists” database)
* Place “adverts” for your own services and sell them
DML is an abbreviation for the digital musician link plug-in. You can download the PC or Mac versions of the DML plug-in here.