New Alesis MasterControl FireWire MixerJanuary 7, 2009
The Alesis MasterControl delivers eight channels of audio to your computer via FireWire with two XLR inputs, channel inserts, and six TRS inputs. Eighteen additional inputs are possible through the S/PDIF and S/MUX ADAT Lightpipe options.
For monitoring, the Alesis MasterControl features 6 analogue outputs, configurable as discrete, 5.1 Surround or Stereo x 3. The Alesis MasterControl functions as a master control surface with hands-on, dedicated control over your HUI-compatible DAWs.
- 8 Built-in analog inputs – 2 XLR mic preamp inputs with Phantom Power and channel inserts, 6 TRS 1/4″ line inputs
- 192kHz analog recording / playback capability
- 6 analog outputs – configurable as discrete, 5.1 Surround, or Stereo X 3, with dedicated speaker switching
- Nine 100mm motorized faders and eight 360° virtual assignable knobs (three banks each) Provides instant access to 28 different parameters on every DAW channel
- 2 banks of 8 fully-assignable buttons provide 16 different functions per preset (setting markers and loop points, setting automation modes, cut/copy/paste)
- Expandable audio inputs for up to 26 simultaneous inputs. S/PDIF and dual S/MUX ADAT Lightpipe inputs provide 18 additional recording inputs
- 16 channels MIDI I/O
- 2 X 16 character LCD provides instant controller feedback and enables customization of knob and button functions
- Fully-editable presets allow for instantaneous, dedicated control over DAWs (HUI-compatible) and external MIDI devices
- Removable, customizable templates provide total visual overview of preset operation
- Preview button shows knob, button, and fader parameters before sending them out to DAW
- Built-in talk-back microphone and control-surface based cue mix setup
- Bundled with Cubase LE software and compatible with most digital audio workstation software products