Dolphin Music launch askdolphin – The new music gear advice channel on TwitterApril 15, 2009
Dolphin Music are always trying to offer the the best advice about the gear they sell. With this new service, Dolphin are trying to open up our advice to as wide a community as possible.
So If you got any questions about gear or products you read about here on our Music Tools blog, post your questions to @askdolphin, for a quick reply!
And what community can be wider than the Twitter community? You can send your questions using the Twitter website directly, as a single SMS message, or via a third-party application such as TweetDeck, Twitteriffic or Twhirl. Imagine being able to ask a question about gear you’ve seen at a gig while still at the gig simply by sending a quick text on your mobile phone. You can expect an answer in near real time (at least let us get to the office first).
@askdolphin…got a gear-related question? Here’s the place to go!
Perhaps you would like to know which soundcard is best for miking up a live drum kit? Or what software you should use to get that polished mastered sound to your mixes? Or what keyboard you should buy for your 10 year old niece who has just started lessons? Or what gear your favorite artists use? Or guitar modeling amp gives you the most options?The list is endless and, given how important music gear is, this list should always be endless… and that why we are here to help.
Tweet with us…here to help!
Twitter in less than a minute (thanks to Tweeternet)
• Twitter is a social networking and microblogging service that allows you answer the question, “What are you doing?”
• You send short text messages 140 characters in length, called “tweets”, to your friends, or “followers.”
• in reality you can do much more then answer “What are you doing?”, the short format of the tweet allows informal collaboration and quick information sharing.
How to use Twitter
• If you are not a member of Twitter you will need to join
• Visit the Twitter website and click “Join for free” to create your account.
• (Optional) They asked it, so why not answer it. Send a tweet answering “What are you doing?
How to use @askdolpin
• Send a tweet to us asking your question or requesting advice
• You must include the text @askdolphin so that we know it is you are asking
• Ask us your question in less than 130 characters
Why follow @askdolphin
Twitter is all about community. We will do our best to answer your query using all of the skills we have in house at Dolphin Music. However there will be rare occasions when we may not know the answer to your music related conundrum. That is were the community comes into play. If you follow us at @askdolphin then we can be sure you are enthusiastic about music gear. This also means that if you look at our other followers you are likely to find similar enthusiasts who may be just as happy as us to share their knowledge.
So don’t forget to click on the button to ensure you get the most out of the @askdolphin channel.